Softcover book printing
Softcover books are softer and flexible, which means that softcover books weigh less, making them easy to carry and somewhat more practical. We offer a wide range of coating materials, meaning your book will completely suit your content and wishes. Softcover books are most popular among leisure readers (e.g. novels), mainly because they are more affordable. They are also regularly used by advertisers and companies for promoting their products /e.g. catalogues). At Evrografis, we produce perfect bound (classic), stitched and PUR-bound softcover books.
Information required in an enquiry
State how many books you wish to print.
When stating the format, please specify whether it’s a portrait or landscape.
In the EU, we usually state formats in the following fashion: Width x Height. Example: 210 x 297 mm (portrait A4 format).
The English use their own method for naming the format: Height x Width (reverse), this is why it is important to also state if it’s a portrait or landscape in words.
If you want the most cost-effective offer, it is best that the number of pages is dividable by 32 or 16 (interior pages, without the cover).
When calculating, consider that one sheet represents two pages (front and back).
Scope: 128 pages + 4 cover pages
For a softcover we require:
– Stating the print of the cover: Do we use CMYK or Pantone colours and how many? Customers also decide on different laminations (Matt, Gloss, Soft-touch, etc.). Here we also state any additional requirements, such as partial UV varnish, blind print, foil print, etc.
– Choosing the material: which paper to use for the cover.
Printing coatings: 4/0 + 1/0 matt laminating
Cover material: 240-gram Symbol Card (one-sided coating cardboard)
Regarding the book block, we require:
– Stating the print of the book block: Do we do both-sided print (1/1) or colour CMYK print (4/4). We can also use a combination of CMYK and Pantone colours.
– Choosing the material for the book block: There is an extremely wide array of paper on the market. There are classic papers for the inside, such as Silk, Gloss, uncoated offset paper and other more exotic papers. To prepare an offer, we mainly require the type of paper and its weight (in grams).
Interior print: 4/4 CMYK
Interior material: 150-g Silk paper
– Choose type of binding: perfect binding, stitched or PUR-glued.
– Mention potential additional wishes/requirements.
Determine packaging, which is available in different options: directly in boxes, PVC vacuum-packaging and similar.
Printed matter may be picked up (Ex works), but we also organize transportation, if needed.